Sunday 4 June 2017

Just about gotten used to the wafer

Last night at a bout 9pm I put the wafer under my tongue and let it take effect. This was a bit later than the day before, but yesterday it was after I had finished drinking wine. I stayed up drinking water until about 10pm then because I was feeling sleepy I had a shower, cleaned my teeth and went to bed. I read a bit of my book on the Kindle as usual then turned off the light and was soon asleep.

This morning I woke up at around 8am and got out of bed immediately. Usually - with the old medication - I would stay in bed until 11am or so - but now I felt energised and able to face the day. I was also craving some coffee as my mouth was dry. So I got dressed and came out to the living area and made a pot of coffee straight away.

Today I don't feel tired and there is no diarrhea as there had been yesterday morning. The wafer seems to have worked its way through my system completely now and my body has adapted to it finally. I am sleeping better and getting up in the morning instead of, as I used to, lazing around for hours in bed. Also, because the wafer tends to dehydrate you a bit, I am not getting up in the middle of the night to use the toilet and micturate, as I used to do. When I get up I feel much more "normal" and less sleepy than I used to do. All these things suggest to me that the transition from the old medication to the new one has been completed successfully.

No comments: